4 Smart Ways To Incorporate Technology Into Your Household
Technology is said to have transformed many aspects of countless people’s daily lives. Innovations range from using three dimensional (3D) printers in the office to getting your coffee made faster in your favorite joint. And with this shift into the digital era, it’s crucial to embrace the convenience and security that technological progress offers.
By incorporating technology into your home, you can now go on that vacation knowing your house is safe and the like. All you have to do is incorporate technology into your home in the following ways:
1. Embrace Home Security Systems
Home burglaries aren’t a new occurrence. It’s said that a robbery is happening every thirteen seconds in the United States. And with most thefts happening when the owner is away from home, you may need to upgrade and fortify your residential security systems.
Thankfully, technological advancement has revolutionized home security systems. And based on your budget, you can get security systems of your choice installed on your property to keep you and your loved one safe.
Security systems work on securing your entry points like doors and windows and rooms with all your valuables. They’re an integrated network of devices that includes motion sensors, security cameras, high decibel sirens, and yard signs with a centralized panel against intruders.
For instance, when you get biometric locks for doors, it’ll need your unique fingerprints to unlock which is made possible by technology. It guarantees your security and privacy, unlike traditional locks that intruders can easily pick and manipulate.
2. Integrate Smart Home Assistants
With the automation of assets such as phones and cars, homes have benefited from technology upgrades. They have progressed with a range of features such as automated lights, doors amongst many others.
A smart home can connect your mobile phone to all your devices using the Internet. Once they’re connected, you’ll have the ability to control and communicate with your devices over the cloud.
Although home automation toolsets tend to be costly during installation at first, they lower your monthly bills and help create an efficient home. You’ll save on your monthly energy bills too by connecting your smart thermostat to your phone. This may allow you to efficiently control your residential air conditioning unit’s temperature.
With home assistants, you can keep your home safe by giving commands that arm your security system as well. They can also offer reminders, play song requests, hail a car ride for you, and many more.
In addition, you can ask your home assistant to look for available flights online. Once it gets the command, it’ll search for the best rates available and send it directly to your email. You can then schedule the most convenient schedule that fits your budget.
3. Invest In Smart Lighting
Light-emitting diode (LED) light bulbs are used in smart lighting. It’s said that they’re long-lasting and can be connected to other smart devices such as home security systems. They’re customized to be remotely controlled through innovative technology by connecting to either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth modality.
All you need is a smartphone with the appropriate app and you can control your lights with a simple voice command. Although investing in LED lights is more expensive than getting standard bulbs, it has more advantages than the initial cost.
- They have a life span of between 35000 to 50000 hours which is more than the average glowing bulb that lasts only about 750-2000 hours.
- They consume 70%- 90% less energy, reducing energy consumption which saves you money on electricity bills.
- They come with motion sensors, a feature that can be programmed to notify you when unexpected movements are detected.
4. Get Smart Appliances
Having a home filled with the latest technology is set to ease your life by introducing convenience from managing lighting fixtures to appliances. With the significant progress in technology, most home appliances are now intelligent and can be remotely controlled with many features to offer.
Below are some of our Favorite appliances that bring convenience to your life
- Vacuuming has always been a tedious chore that you may instead put off. But with the introduction of autonomous devices, you can get your floors and carpets cleaned with little assistance from you.
- Smart refrigerators sync with your smartphone to give you a view of your fridge and check on the expiration of your food. Once they identify the item that expires first, they send you recipes that you can make with it. They also come with a panel that keeps your handwritten notes, such as the family schedule, and can be edited.
- Additionally, you can now control your coffee machines’ brewing time and drink preference with a tap of a button. This feature will cut down on the time you spend on making your caffeine drink than before.
For the sake of your and your family’s convenience, you should introduce innovative technology to your household. Adapting the abovementioned examples in your home may help you in a variety of ways: from increased security, lowered energy consumption, to reduced time used in the performance of day-to-day tasks.
- How To Avoid These 4 House-Buying ScamsAlthough many real estate frauds target buyers, property sellers can also fall victim to scammers. If you plan to sell your property, you must know how fraudulent buyers could trick you. When selling your home, you must watch out for the four most common buying... The post How To Avoid These 4 House-Buying Scams appeared […]