Are you a writer with a deep love for home decor? Are you looking for a home for your craft? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We want to begin by thanking you for your interest in our website and for thinking about contributing.
We’re looking for creative writers who can provide us with high-quality content for our website. This will help us to expand our viewership and to spread information to our readers. When you submit your work to us, your writing will be readily available to thousands of people around the world. Not only will you get a high amount of exposure but your article will be broadcast across social media and include several SEO benefits.
Who can write for us and why should you?
We’re looking for writers who are passionate about home decor. This is because those who want to write for our blog should be familiar with our niche. You don’t need to be an expert in the field so whether you’re a beginner or you’ve been writing articles for years, we just ask that you have passion. You may want to remember, however, that we won’t be providing payment for the work submitted.
House Affection is well-known in the world of home decor and interior design. We have strong values and we’re home to thousands of readers every month. For those of you who are looking to gain exposure with an SEO-friendly blog, this is the place for you. Guest posting on a blog demonstrates your ability to write professional work that caters to a large audience. These are also posts that you can add to your portfolio when you’re looking for new clients.
A main reason why you should consider guest writing for our home decor blog is that you can receive targeted traffic. This is essential when you’re trying to build your online profile and your brand. When someone likes your writing, they’ll go immediately to your website or portfolio to read more.
Not only will this help to increase traffic to your website but it will also increase your ranking in Google. We use backlinks to direct any viewers or readers to your website. This will also tell Google that your website is performing well. This will expose your website and your writing to search engines more and it will, in turn, increase your audience.
Every business person knows that a successful business needs to have a large network of connections. As more brands get to know you, you’ll find partners and opportunities that you couldn’t have imagined otherwise. Not only this but the more your network increases, the more people will hear about your site. When your post on our site gets around 10,000 views, your website or profile will likely receive around 2,500 views as well. Within those views, you’ll find people who want you to write for them as well as new clients and potential partners.
What kind of content do we accept?
While we are very open with the kind of content that we accept on our site, we do have some restrictions. Any content that you submit to us should be completely unique and it should not be published anywhere else online. If we double-check your writing and discover that it’s been spun or that it’s plagiarized, it’ll be denied. We also don’t accept press releases or product comparisons.
Beyond this, you have complete free reign over what you send to us. You can send us either pitches or drafts. If you submit a draft, we’ll be able to accept or deny it more quickly because we’ll have a front-row seat to the quality of work that you submit.
The overall quality of our content is our priority. Here is a list of some topics or ideas that you may want to use to write your content.
- Tips and Tricks
- DIY Ideas
- Home decor ideas
- Information about new products
Guidelines for Posting
If you’ve read this far and you’re still interested in submitting some of your writing to our site, here are some guidelines that you may find useful.
- Your topic should be relevant and pertain to the home decor niche. We don’t accept any posts that serve to promote the author. Rather, we use our platform to provide our readers with information.
- The word count should range anywhere between 800 and 2000 words. You should be researching before and during the writing process to make sure that everything is accurate. We welcome quotes and references if you’re getting your information from somewhere else.
- You should include a minimum of 1 picture with your post. To do this, you can either send us an image that you’ve taken or you can include a reference to the original photographer if you’re taking it from someone else.
- We welcome links in your work. However, you shouldn’t link to one of our competitors.
- Don’t forget your conclusion. At the end of your post, there should be a section dedicated to summarizing your article.
- We accept all formats so long as they aren’t write-protected. This means that you can send your writing as a Word Document, Powerpoint, Google Doc etc.
- You can send us your work either by submitting it to our website or sending it to us using Google.
- You should format your post to be interactive. This means including lists, embedded links, headings and sub-headings etc.
- We will likely edit your article for any spelling, formatting, or grammar mistakes. However, we may also go over your body of work.
- If you like, you can submit a short description of yourself to go with your submission.
How to Submit
We have already mentioned this briefly but to recap, you can send us your pitches and your content either by email or through the submission section of our website.
To submit by email, you can use the email firstname.lastname@example.org. Within the email, you should attach your article. After you send it, we will work quickly to review your work. This should only take around 3 days to do. If we aren’t satisfied with the quality of the content, we won’t accept it and your writing will remain your own. You can then submit it wherever you want.
We want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to send us their writing. We receive a lot of submissions every day so we won’t be able to accept everyone’s work. However, you are free to resubmit work if it’s been declined. If your article is accepted, we’ll send you a publication date so you’ll know exactly when your article will appear on our site.
Finally, you should know that we won’t provide you with feedback for your submission and we won’t be able to tell everyone whether they’ve been rejected. If your work is accepted, we’ll contact you.
- Who Knew? You Can Enjoy Professional Quality Office Software for FreeGone are the days of spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on office software. If you’re looking to set up your home office or update the one at work, you may be surprised to know that there are a few free options available to... The post Who Knew? You Can Enjoy Professional Quality Office […]