If you’re redoing your kitchen or bathroom, you might wonder if a wall-mounted countertop is a good idea. Mount countertop to the wall can save space and is easy to install. Wall Mounted Countertops are hung above a wall without a supporting cabinet underneath them. Instead, they rely on brackets or braces to support the countertop.
They are best suited for bathroom vanities and laundry rooms. Their popularity is growing due to the ease of installation and versatility. They are useful in spaces where you don’t have room for a full-size cabinet. Caesarstone has also comprehensively covered the topic of modern kitchen countertop design ideas. Link the link below to learn more. https://www.caesarstone.ca/blog/types-of-kitchen-countertops-design-ideas/
You can install a wall mounted countertop in the room, bath, or garage. This will give you more space to put things you want from your laptop to watch dramacool to all the necessary things. This is a good solution to increase the storage space. If you want to enjoy a balanced space and environment, you need to install these.
New styles of wall-mounted vanities now include durable stainless steel fixtures and many styles of vanity cabinets made of metal and wood. These options allow homeowners to pick what style works best with their existing decor and offer lots of versatility to your ring doorbells as well. With so many styles to choose from, there’s something for everyone!
If you plan to install a heavy countertop, use the corner brackets. If you wish to use a lightweight countertop, use the brackets that you see on the sides of the sink. In this guide, you will know all about wall mounted countertops.
Pros of Wall Mounted Countertops
● A wall mounted countertop, especially in a kitchen, is a great space saver. It can also serve as a breakfast bar.
● Wall-mounted countertops are less expensive than conventional countertops. However, they aren’t suitable for high-end applications. Wall-mounted countertops can be mounted to walls, either directly or using brackets.
● In a recent survey, wall-mounted kitchen cabinets were determined to be kitchen furniture. It was preferred by the majority of respondents. This implies that it is fairly easy to design the cabinets you require.
Cons of Wall Mounted Countertops
● Countertops are one of the most commonly used surfaces in kitchens. People usually have preferences for particular countertops based on their appearance and cost. Sometimes, the appearance of the wall mounted countertop may seem like a minor issue. In reality, it can have a huge impact on the overall appearance of your kitchen. In addition, Wall Mounted Countertops may not be easy to clean. If you do not know how to clean your countertop properly, you might end up having to throw away your counters after a year.
● Wall-mounted countertops require regular cleaning and maintenance, but the prefabricated countertops don’t require any maintenance.
● Wall-mounted countertops are not always a good choice. If you are remodeling a bathroom, a countertop mounted on a deck is a great option.
● Wall-mounted countertops have several disadvantages, the biggest being their lack of versatility. Their position cannot be adjusted, so you need to remove an old countertop and install a new one with new dimensions. They also require more floor space.
● The installation of wall-mounted countertops is more complex, but the result is well worth the effort. A wall mounted countertop should be installed by a professional.
Wall Mounted Countertop Types
There are several types of countertops available in the marketplace. Each material has its pros and cons. For instance, some are very durable, but others can be scratched or marred. Some cost a lot more than others. Here are some types of wall mounted countertops.
Quartz countertops are engineered from natural quartz combined with a resin binder. These surfaces are extremely hard and require little maintenance. They are also scratch-resistant and do not need to be re-sealed.
Natural granite has a lot of individual differences. However, it is resistant to stains, scratches, and heat. Therefore, you can choose to go for the polished or matte finish to give the desired look to your kitchen. One major downside of granite wall mounted countertops is that they must be periodically sealed with polyurethane or resin. Resealing can also be needed to repair chips or cracks.
Marble is a natural stone that can also be used as wall mounted countertops. It looks great on kitchen counters and is quite expensive. It comes in hundreds of shades, making each countertop unique. Marble countertops aren’t usually seen on the entire expanse of kitchen countertops, though. They are most often placed on islands or used as baking centers.
Kitchen surfaces aren’t the most durable choices for material, but marble is the hardest of all kitchen surfaces. When marble gets scratched or stained, it can’t be easily removed, making it a poor choice for kitchens. However, new sealers can help lessen the need for frequent cleaning.
Another material that can be used as wall mounted countertop is Ceramic tile. It is durable, easy to clean, and considerably cheaper than natural stone, quartz, or solid surface countertops. It’s an ideal choice for homeowners looking to DIY their kitchen countertops.
Five simple steps to install Wall Mounted Countertops
● Take measurements, select the height of your countertop. Most countertops are tall enough to stand on their own.
● Using a tape measure and pencil, measure the desired height of the countertop and mark it with the pencil, then use a framing level to create a level line across the wall where the countertop will go.
● Find the studs under the level line using a stud finder. First, draw a line on the wall studs with a pencil. Next, mark their location by drawing a vertical line. Finally, draw as many stud references as needed.
● Put the brackets on the wall with your pencil lines as guides. Then use a drill to sink the screws through the drywall into the studs.
● To keep your countertop steady, anchor it onto the brackets. Measure the distance between the brackets, and use the tape measure to help guide you. Then, drill the holes into the underside of the countertop, and use the screws to secure the countertop.
If you are thinking about remodeling your kitchen, you should think about installing a wall mounted countertop. These countertops are a great idea for kitchens that have limited space.
The wall mounted countertops are one of the most popular kitchen remodeling ideas. In this article, you have read all the information you need to get started. Next, consult with experts of wall mounted countertops for more details.
- Making Invitations for a Gathering? Should You Choose Color or Black and White Printing?When the COVID-19 pandemic was in its early stages, life changed dramatically. Public officials instituted stay-at-home orders, insisted that people wear masks in public places, and even required everyone to limit how many people they associated with to stop the spread of the virus. Did... The post Making Invitations for a Gathering? Should You Choose […]