Technology has evolved over the years, from old-school flip phones to smart devices meant for communication and entertainment. The concept of an intelligent home was born only a few years ago, but it has already become popular.
It’s not hard to see why. With so many different products that work together seamlessly through one app to make your life easier, why wouldn’t you want more convenience? Now more than ever, we can easily control our homes from anywhere. This article will help you learn what a smart home is and give suggestions on which would best suit devices for your needs.
A smart speaker is a device that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to connect you to the internet. Sonos and Harman Kardon plan to release their first voice-controlled speaker and Samsung announced Bixby 2.0 at CES 2019. The most popular brands include Amazon Echo, Google Home or Home Mini, and Apple HomePod.
- Enables you to stream music and listen to podcasts
- Control your home’s smart devices, such as lights and thermostats
- Get directions using Google Maps
- Send text messages and make phone calls
- Most of them are not portable
Smart Robot Vacuum
A smart robot vacuum is a device that uses an array of sensors to map out your home and clean it for you. Some models can even sense when the battery is running low and return to their charging stations. Having a robot vacuum take care of everything for you has several benefits.
- It saves time by doing all the work for you
- Ensures that every corner and crevice gets cleaned thoroughly
- Its built-in intelligence is smart enough to avoid cords and cables
- You cannot use it on thick carpets
Smart Home Security Cameras
A smart home security camera is a device that allows you to monitor your property from anywhere in the world. You can see what’s happening at home, whether inside or outside, and get alerts if anything happens.
Intelligent home security cameras are usually connected wirelessly to a hub, so you must have one if you want this functionality. You have several options. Indoors or outdoors? Wired or wireless? Analog or digital? The choice is yours.
- Supervise pets
- Deter criminals
- Instant real-time access to footage
- Evidence for insurance
- People can hack improperly installed cameras
A smart thermostat is an excellent energy-saving device because it can automatically adjust temperatures based on your schedule and the weather. You can program the thermostat to automatically change the temperature range for the heat or air conditioning while you’re away from home.
There are many different brands available from Nest, Ecobee4 and Tado, as well as other manufacturers. Wired models have less functionality than wireless units but typically cost less over time.
- Energy efficient
- Set-it and Forget-it
- Remote Control
- Saves you money
- Easy to use
- Can’t be used without wi-fi
Smart Light Bulbs
Smart light bulbs are LED-based bulbs and are among the most popular smart home devices. You can dim and turn them off/on remotely through an app. They’re affordable, easy to install, and can be controlled from various platforms. Lightbulbs are perfect for playing your favourite online game, single player adventure, or even an online slot like rainbow riches home sweet home slot game in your man cave/gaming room, and truly help to create an immersive experience.
- More compact than ever
- They are bright
- Improved colour representation
- Various shades of white
- They often require an additional hub
The bottom line is that implementing a home automation system can be expensive, but you don’t have to spend a fortune to reap some benefits (like energy savings and peace of mind). The devices listed above will help you enjoy the best of what innovative technology offers at an affordable price.
- The Energy-Efficiency Advantages of Vinyl Window ReplacementWindows are more than just portals to the outside world; they play a significant role in determining the comfort and energy efficiency of your home. If you’re looking to improve your home’s energy efficiency, consider the advantages of vinyl window replacement. In this article, we’ll... The post The Energy-Efficiency Advantages of Vinyl Window Replacement appeared […]