Security is notably vital today. With the rise of domestic burglary happening daily, investing in a technology that can protect your home and loved ones makes sense. This can give you peace of mind in the end.
One example of security technology you can use is a home security camera. This technology can either record images or videos within or outside your house. By recording your home’s environment, you can view what is captured later on your smartphone, computer, or tablet, wherever you are. If you want to install a home security camera, you can look for services that allow you to install a DIY home security system or partner with a team of professionals to help you.
Continue reading this article to learn more about home security cameras and their types.
Home Security Cameras Vs. Surveillance Cameras
To start, you must know how security cameras and surveillance cameras differ. For one, surveillance cameras, also called automatic number plate recognition system, functions through an Internet Protocol (IP) network that connects the camera from a distant location and transmits the video it recorded to another security area. This makes it ideal for monitoring procedures in public places to secure an open location.
That said, security cameras, also called closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, rely on radio frequency. However, some of its types also rely on an IP network to deliver recorded videos and images. Likewise, these videos or images are sent to a storage device, such as Secure Digital (SD) card or Digital Video Recorder (DVR). Additionally, these cameras connect either wirelessly or through various cables. They often use television to broadcast signals.
Types Of Security Cameras
There are various types of home security cameras that you can choose to protect your home. Depending on your preferences, you can buy one that has the features you’re looking for. Moving on, here are those types that you can consider:
1. Wireless Cameras
A wireless camera can be a home technology that you can use to protect your property. It works by sending recorded audio and videos via radio waves. The data this camera obtains is delivered to a receiver, which a user can get through a computer, application, or hybrid DVR. After being sent to these technologies, the recorded data are stored in the cloud or disk. When the data is stored properly, that individual can access them later through the said technologies.
Today, a wireless camera has three examples of connections. These are:
- Point-to-Point Connectivity
- Standard Wireless Fidelity Connectivity
- Peer-to-Peer Connectivity
Likewise, you can install a home wireless security camera more conveniently. Yet, it’s recommended to take note of its battery life. Ideally, a year is a good time measure for this camera’s lifespan.
2. Internet Protocol Cameras
An internet protocol (IP) security camera is a technology that can either be wired or wireless. It works by using IP networks rather than analog electric signals. The internet is a type of IP network that it can use to send images or videos. Thus, you can also call it a network camera.
If you’ll buy an IP camera, some factors that you can consider before doing such a step are:
- Recording quality
- Indoor or outdoor
- Recording angle
- Night vision
- Real-time streaming
Ultimately, this camera is a significant step to ward off burglary from your home.
3. Motion Detection Cameras
A motion detector camera is another type of security camera that you can opt for. This technology works through its motion activation feature. Thus, you can potentially detect intruders whenever this camera detects their motion.
There are three types of motion detection cameras. These are:
- Microwave Occupancy Sensor: This is an active technology that uses microwave pulses. It has a more extensive range and is costlier. Yet, it tends to be easily susceptible to electrical interferences.
- Passive Infrared (PIR) Systems: This camera is armed with an ‘infrared eye,’ which has a spectrum of light that’s not visible compared to typical lighting. By using an infrared eye, it can detect heat signatures from potential burglars.
- Dual Technology Sensor: This camera combines the two types above. It’s ideal to work alongside the said two motion detection cameras to reduce the likelihood of false triggers.
When buying a motion detection camera, you can choose either one that is wired or those that are wireless. Ideally, it’s best to buy the wireless ones as they’re less costly and easier to install.
Proper security is vital if you want to ward off burglars. To start, you can install a home security camera. This technology lets you record videos and images of your property’s indoor and outdoor environment, which you can check later on your devices.
By installing an appropriate security camera system, you can feel confident that your home and family are well-protected and secure, allowing you to relax and focus on other important aspects of your life.
- Power Up Your Home: How Electricians Can Transform Your Living SpaceThe modern home is a complex system of electrical components and devices that provide us with the energy we need to live our lives. However, your home’s electrical system is not something you should take for granted. It can not only endanger your safety if... The post Power Up Your Home: How Electricians Can Transform […]
Leave a Reply