If you’re looking to transform your garden, it’s important to understand why. There’s just so much to consider. What exactly do you do with your garden? What should you grow and where? How can you make this garden space more aesthetically pleasing? Should you grow vegetables along with your flowers? With all these questions, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But forego the stress! If you’re asking “How can I design my garden properly?” We’re here to help. Here are some of our favorite tips for transforming your garden into something truly special:
Make a Plan First
Before you start transforming your garden, it’s important to consider what you want to do with the space. Think about how you use and enjoy the space now, and then consider whether there are any changes that need to be made.
Make the Most of Your Space
Think about how you will use the space, not just for growing things but also for relaxing or entertaining guests. Search for “Garden Rooms Colchester” to get ideas for guest spaces in your garden. A large backyard is a great place to entertain friends and family (and maybe even neighbors), but it can also be pretty disappointing if there’s no room for them all to sit down comfortably at once! To avoid this problem, think about how many people will be visiting when planning out their outdoor spaces- it’s easy enough to add extra seating if needed; however, consider whether some guests may prefer sitting outside versus inside somewhere else in order from most comfortable option all way down until least comfortable option (which might not work well at all because everyone wants something different).
Getting Your Garden Back on Track
So you’ve got your plan, and now it’s time to work (either by yourself or with a gardening man and digger hire). Here’s how you can get your garden on track this season:
1. Focus on color. Use plants that will add some pop-up lights to your landscape while still matching the rest of your plantings.
2. Get moving! Work on an irrigation system, or plant a cover crop that will help with soil health and erosion control.If your yard is on a slope, a retaining wall can help to control erosion by holding the soil in place. This can prevent soil erosion and help to protect your plants and landscaping.
3. Make it mobile with planters and containers that can be moved around easily and transplant easily, like the one pictured below.
4. Consider adding some vertical elements like trellises, arbors, and pergolas to help make your space feel more spacious and welcoming.
5. Incorporate native plants into your design, especially if you live in an area where they are plentiful and easy to access locally! Before adding new plants or vertical elements, assess the health of your existing trees. Tree removal may be necessary to prevent potential safety hazards and damage to surrounding landscaping if trees are dead or dying.
6. Remember that plants need light too! Consider adding some shade structures like tree shelters or even just installing a few solar tubes in the ground-they’re great ideas for any garden!
Show Off Your Style
You don’t have to be a designer or artist, but if you are, it can be fun and challenging to create beautiful spaces in your garden. A feature wall is one way to add style and interest. Also ‘garden furniture which is ideal for both summer & winter’ can give your outdoor space that finishing touch.
To add some flair in your garden use bold colours or patterns on the walls around your home, such as vertical stripes, horizontal stripes or checkerboard patterns.
Another great way to transform your outdoor space is by adding focal points that draw attention away from other areas of the space and make them stand out even more so than they already do from inside the house! For example: install a bench under an apple tree where there was no seating before; build a water feature (like fountains) near larger trees such as oak trees – this makes people stop what they’re doing when they walk past these areas because their eyes automatically go towards them first before moving onto something else like grassy ground etcetera
- Light and Shadow: Playing with Different Types of Curtains to Set Your Home’s MoodIntroduction to Curtains and Home Mood A room’s ambiance may be significantly changed by the play of light and shadow via curtains. Proper curtains provide the stage for your home’s ever-changing tale, from the subtle play of light streaming through to the striking contrast of... The post Light and Shadow: Playing with Different Types of […]