Moving out of a rental property can be a stress-inducing experience, especially when your number-one concern is leaving the space in pristine condition. Hopping on the DIY bandwagon seems like a better deal at first, as you don’t have to spend all that money on professional cleaning services.
However, you might want to weigh one option against the other before you can arrive at a decision. We are on our way to help you get there. In this article, we will delve into the different pros and cons of both approaches. Once you are armed with knowledge, you can then make a good choice.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Before you choose whether to go the DIY route or hire a professional contractor like Skycleaners for your end-of-tenancy cleaning, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions and give their respective answers.
Can You Cover the Cleaning Standards?
The very first thing that you need to ask yourself is: can you cover the high cleaning standards set out by professional contractors? While it’s true that everybody has a different perception of cleanliness, there are certain criteria that must be met for a property to be considered clean.
Since your rental belongs to someone else, you can’t just leave a big mess behind and forget about it. Not only should you clean all the floors, surfaces and carpets, but you have to tackle stubborn stains as well. It is generally agreed upon that you should hand over the property in the same condition that it was in when the agreement was signed.
How Much is Your Budget?
If you can’t allocate enough funds for professional end of tenancy cleaning, the best way to go would be to do the cleaning on your own. This means that you will probably need to rent some cleaning machines such as steam cleaners and vacuum cleaners.
The reason is that move out cleaning is more detailed, which means you also need to clean the furniture and carpets. But because they are a real challenge, you need to resort to special equipment if you want to do a good job. Another thing to take into account is that the detergents and cleaning tools you are going to use may be costly too.
Considering all the energy and time you are going to spend on this task, it may be cheaper to hire professional cleaners. And it doesn’t hurt to shop around, basically, all companies provide a no-obligation free quote. Feel free to contact Skycleaners via their website at https://skycleaners.co.uk/, by phone at 44 7879 101049 or at 83 Drapers Road, London, E15 2AZ.
How Much Time Do You Have?
Naturally, the next question has to do with the amount of time that you can dedicate to the job. Keep in mind that end of tenancy cleaning is a more tedious and time-consuming job. It’s not the same as doing a wipe here and a wipe there. In order to achieve satisfactory results, you need a better approach.
You may have noticed that cleaning companies follow specific checklists to ensure that every nook and cranny of your space is immaculate. This way nothing gets missed or forgotten. Can you warrant the same results? If you are going to do this, you have to take your time, making certain no task is left undone.
If you don’t have much time to handle all these chores, you had better call in the pros and let them clean the house for you. This way, you will be safe in the knowledge that your property is being taken care of so you can get your deposit back.
DIY End of Tenancy Cleaning: Advantages and Disadvantages
- You don’t have to worry about strangers entering your home
- You know exactly which areas in the property were handled; you are free to clean the place however you want, according to your own cleaning standards.
- You can save some money
- If you do the job yourself, your landlord may be dissatisfied with the level of cleanliness which could cause disputes over your initial deposit
- Even if you are very thorough, you can barely achieve the same level of cleanliness as trained technicians; it’s because they undergo special training, not to mention, they use industry-strength cleaning machines and products to get the job done
Professional End of Tenancy Cleaning: Advantages and Disadvantages
- When you hire professional cleaners, this increases your likelihood of getting your full deposit back
- Cleaning companies go for specialized equipment that can effectively break down tough stains and remove grime; the best part is, they often stick with products that are kid, pet, and environment-friendly
- You can save plenty of time and use it to focus on packing and relocating
- The cleaners bring years of experience and knowledge to the table; they are specially trained and vetted to use the equipment, plus they follow predetermined cleaning checklists to ensure they do a good job
- Depending on the company you opt for, the end of tenancy cleaning service might be expensive (however, failing to achieve high levels of cleanliness in the property might cost you more)
- For some people, it can be difficult to let strangers into their home; the good news is that you can do the end of tenancy cleaning after you have packed your stuff
The take-home message is that both DIY cleaning and professional move out cleaning have some challenges that you need to overcome. On one hand, DIY cleaning allows you to follow your own guidelines and save money. You don’t have to let strangers inside your home.
On the other hand, when you combine all the effort and time you need to put in to do a decent job, it may not be such a great deal after all. Don’t forget that you may have to fork out a big amount of money to rent some cleaning machines. And even after all this, you may still not be able to produce an excellent outcome, which could result in your deposit being withheld.
Now, when you sign up for a professional service, you know that you are getting your money’s worth. The experts will bring their own cleaning supplies and apply special techniques so they can get all the areas spick-and-span. You don’t have to worry about anything; plus, you can use your free time to organize your household move.
The only downside of professional cleaning is the price. But considering that you are going to get your deposit back, it appears that you are saving in the long run.
- The Energy-Efficiency Advantages of Vinyl Window ReplacementWindows are more than just portals to the outside world; they play a significant role in determining the comfort and energy efficiency of your home. If you’re looking to improve your home’s energy efficiency, consider the advantages of vinyl window replacement. In this article, we’ll... The post The Energy-Efficiency Advantages of Vinyl Window Replacement appeared […]