Kodi remains amongst extremely popular applications for Firestick owners. This is a free and open-source program that lets you view movies, TV shows, and sports, and even listen to music. This application keeps improving and improving its performance by enthusiastic coders from all over the world.
However, many users face some problems with their Kodi app. It’s hard to troubleshoot these problems since Kodi is not supported by Amazon and they don’t have customer service. But, don’t worry!
In this article, I’ll address the 5 most common problems with the Kodi app and how to fix them.
The frequently occurring cause of this problem is an old version of the Kodi software. Programmers consistently launch updates including extra features and lesser glitches.
Therefore, you should maintain regular app updates to make sure you have the optimal and seamless version.
However, prior to upgrading your application, it is necessary to verify your Kodi release to make sure it’s updated or not. The following steps will tell you the Kodi version that is currently running on your Firestick:
- Go to the home screen, then click on “Settings” from the top left corner.
- Click on “System Information” from the top row.
- You’ll find the version of Kodi at the bottom right corner.
Unfortunately, you cannot update Kodi to the newest version from the app itself. However, the reinstallation process is very straightforward if you’ve already set up your Firestick for Kodi installation.
Using the Downloader app, simply reinstall Kodi with the latest apk file and you’re good to go!
Another issue that people have is that Kodi stops working or shows a black screen when launching. This usually happens because of too much cache for Kodi to work properly.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick TV remote.
- Go to “Settings,” “Applications,” and then “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Click on “Kodi.”
- Click on “Force App,” then select “Clear Cache.”
After you’re done clearing the cache, head back to the home screen and try launching Kodi. Hopefully, the problem will be solved and your app will run normally. If not, try the solution mentioned in problem #4 down below.
Video buffering on Kodi is a frustrating issue that happens to a lot of users. It could be the result of a lot of issues. For a start, it could be caused by a slow internet connection.
Check your internet speed with websites like Speedtest to make sure that your internet is fast enough.
You could also be using a bad VPN with slow servers. Try investing in a high-quality VPN with fast servers so you wouldn’t face any buffering problems.
A good VPN can also hide your activity and stop your internet providers from throttling the bandwidth for Kodi.
If you’re having this issue with a specific add-on, try the following steps:
- Click on “Settings” from the top left corner.
- Go to “Add-ons” from the top row, then “Video Add-ons.”
- Click on the add-on with the buffering issue, then select “Tools.” Note that the name of this option could change depending on your add-on.
- Click on “Clear Providers,” and “Clear Cache.”
Kodi sometimes crashes when you’re trying to close it and the screen gets stuck, especially after you update it to a newer version. This problem usually happens because of corrupted files that didn’t get updated along with the new version.
The solution for this is very simple. All you have to do is delete a file named “addons20.db” or “addons27.db.” To do this, follow the next steps:
- Click on “Settings” from the top left corner.
- Select “File Manager” from the top row, “Profile Directory,” and then “Database.”
- Long press on “addons20.db” or “addons27.db” and delete it. Note that the number at the end could change according to the version of the app.
Sometimes, your add-on won’t work or shows an error when you try to open it. This might happen for several reasons. For instance, it could be not supported in your country. If this is the issue, then installing a high-quality VPN will solve the problem.
Moreover, it could be incompatible with your version of Kodi. So, try updating Kodi or the add-on itself. It can also happen because the developers took down the add-on entirely.
You can also try deleting and reinstalling your add-on if none of these solutions worked for you.
Kodi is a great app but it is not without problems since it is an open-source software with no team dedicated to it. So, you might face some problems that are hard to fix.
To help you out, I’ve mentioned the most common issues among Kodi users and how to fix them.
- Benefits of a Moving CompanyMoving can be an exciting yet daunting task, and if you’ve ever relocated to a new home or office, you know that it involves more than just packing your belongings into boxes. It’s a process that requires careful planning, organization, and physical effort. This is... The post Benefits of a Moving Company appeared first on […]