Are you building a new house? Or are you planning to renovate your old house? If so, then you should seriously consider adding a swimming pool to your other things like getting a mirror installed and stuff like that. While building or renovating a house, you will be working on the house plan. The plan is a blueprint for how you want your dream home to look like. While planning, you demarcate areas for construction and other activities. This is the best time when you can include a swimming pool in the plan.
Why do you need a pool?
A question in your mind would be, why have a pool? You may feel that you don’t need a swimming pool or you don’t have sufficient space for the pool. The costs involved also may be a limiting factor. When you look at the reasons for getting a swimming pool in your house, you will understand the need.
- A beautiful home is not complete without a swimming pool in it. The pool is a great place for you to relax with family and friends.
- Even if you are not the swimming type, you can have a pool for the kids. You can build a garden nearby where you can relax and enjoy watching the kids play.
- The pool is a great place for your kids to learn swimming. Who knows? A future swimming champ may be learning the basics in your pool.
- You may not feel the need for a pool now but may want it later. It is better to get it at the planning stage to save costs.
- Swimming is one of the best exercises as all your muscles are active. You don’t have to go to a gym and can lose weight at home having fun in the pool.
- Apart from physical exercise, swimming allows for mental relaxation. It is an amazing way to unwind and de-stress after a tiring day.
- Swimming in the daytime is a great way to get vitamin D, that is good for your health.
- A swimming pool is a great way to socialize. If you have a pool, then you can plan pool parties. This is a splendid way to have a great time with friends and loved ones.
- The swimming pool is a great place to cool off during the summers to beat the heat.
- Swimming in the pool on a hot, sultry night is a great experience.
- Even during winters, you can use pool heating to enjoy a warm swim. This will warm you up and feel you refreshed.
All these reasons would have made you understand why you need a pool in your house.
Why do it at the planning stage?
The planning stage is when you are building/renovating the house and planning for buildings/construction/landscaping in the home. This is the best time to construct new things like a swimming pool. At this stage, you can make space and plan for the best pool for your house. You can also plan a garden, sit out, and other things related to the pool.
The reasons for including a pool in the planning stage given below will help you appreciate why you should do it at this stage:
- Since the construction work is going on, you can complete the construction work along with other works. It saves time and is convenient. If you add a pool later, then the work involved causes a lot of inconvenience.
- While building a house, approvals need to be taken. At this stage, you can easily get any approvals needed for a swimming pool easily.
- When you add a pool at the planning stage, you basically have a blank slate. You can draw what you want on it. This makes it easy to plan the pool where you want and plan landscaping and other work.
- You have more choices when it comes to pool design. If you add a pool later, you need to utilize existing space to fit a pool. This limits your choices.
- Since you are already getting materials for the construction, you don’t have to spend too much extra for the pool construction and installation. This is an advantage as compared to adding a pool later.
- Even if you have less space in your backyard, your architect will help you plan the best possible pool using the available space. This is not possible at a later stage as you may need to demolish things or remove plants.
- Since you are spending money on building or renovating the home, planning for a pool is easy. You may be taking a loan, and you can include the pool’s cost while getting the loan. If you want to do it later, the costs will be more, and arranging funds also problematic.
- Since you are starting from scratch, there are many options available for a swimming pool, like:
- You can decide whether you want an above ground pool (involving less work) or an in-ground pool (involving more work).
- You can also decide on the type of pool you need. This depends on your requirements, the space available, and the budget. You can get a plunge pool if space is very limited or if your budget is very less. A slimline pool is better than a plunge pool and makes optimum use of space.
- Pools come in different shapes. You can select the shape of your choice and then construct other things around it.
- You can build your house in such a way that you get a view of the pool from your room or dining room. All this is easy when you get the pool at the planning stage.
Plan your pool now
There is no doubt that the pool is a great addition to your house. Planning for it at the building or renovation stage is the ideal thing to do. You can then plan for the pool in the best possible way. It saves costs when you do it at the planning stage. What are you waiting for then? Talk to your architect and start designing a great swimming pool for your dream home.
Write for us
HeckHome does not necessarily share views expressed by opinion writers and advertisers. HeckHome regularly invites Bloggers across the World to home decor ideas +”write for us” in order to present their creative ideas.
- The Energy-Efficiency Advantages of Vinyl Window ReplacementWindows are more than just portals to the outside world; they play a significant role in determining the comfort and energy efficiency of your home. If you’re looking to improve your home’s energy efficiency, consider the advantages of vinyl window replacement. In this article, we’ll... The post The Energy-Efficiency Advantages of Vinyl Window Replacement appeared […]